Robotics Safety Engineer
Our story began in 2013 in the capital city of Slovakia when three engineers started fulfilling their vision: to give eyes and intelligence to robots all over the world, so they can see and understand it. From that time Photoneo became a successful fast growing robotics startup. We provide opportunities to work with the most advanced technologies in robotics. This allowed us to create Brightpick as a part of Photoneo, which brings Game-Changing Fulfillment Solution.
In our company you will be part of an international team full of professionals and top talents. If you want to break through engineering challenges, influence product innovation and invent new solutions and capabilities that will one day make our mission successful, we are the right company for you.
About this role:
The Safety Engineer will be responsible for designing and verifying that our Runners and Pickers meet all applicable safety standards, regulations, and requirements to support commercial deployments in multiple international markets. As a key member of the Product team, the Safety Engineer will promote a culture of safety at the company and ensure that product safety requirements are captured and implemented during product development.
- Work with product, engineering, and management teams to develop our compliance strategy and road map
- Conduct safety analysis using techniques like FMEA and FTA
- Develop test methods and protocols for testing, then execute product testing
- Find the balance between the perfect technical solution, safety standards, and business risk.
- Conduct experiments of product prototypes, including experiment setup, execution, detailed data recording, and data summarization.
- Support test equipment used in-house for evaluations; perform pre-compliance testing in external test labs and in-house.
- Work with test labs in arranging product compliance testing – prepare product documents and support product testing; compile and maintain internal reports and lab reports.
- Present, discuss, and review safety specifications in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment.
- Present product requirements and recommendations to product management based on known safety regulations and standards
We care about you from the very first day of working in Photoneo, s.r.o.: Daily breakfast and afternoon snacks, Available parking for everyone, English lessons, Soft Skills & Hard Skills trainings, Massages, Private Terrace with swings and view, Multisport card, Support of participation in sporting events and Photoneo sport merch, Sports teams and yoga on the terrace and workout in the office, Dressing rooms and Showers, Discounts for employees and others…
Your benefits after one year of working in Photoneo:
- You can choose one benefit from the MAIN package, where you`ll find:
- Year-round public transport ID ticket
- Recreation allowance
- Year-round health care in Procare
- Training, conference or other educational activity which is not a typical part of compulsory rides to the position, but related to the performance of the profession
- Opportunity to make your work environment more comfortable (whether it’s a new desk, chair, or headphones)
- 3. pillar Special benefit for Jubilants (after 5yrs)
Your work-time balance is important for us:
- Sick days when you’re not feeling well
- Flexible working time with core time 10:00 – 15:00
- Attendance based on trust and responsibility, we do not “clock in and out”
- Possibility of switching a public holiday from the middle of the week to another day (for example to Friday or Monday) after agreement with manager, considering business reasons
- 2 extra days of holiday as plus after the death of a close relative/partner (in that month)
- 2 extra days of holiday as plus after marriage/ registered partnership (abroad) (in that month before/after)
- Generous referral program
- Newborn/wedding bonus
- Annual bonus may be up to or exceeding 13th salary
Personality requirements and skills
- 3+ years of product safety or comparable experience.
- Master degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Robotic Engineering, and/or at least an equivalent years’ relevant industry experience focused on engineering safety
- Advanced degrees with professional engineering experience
- Experience working with TUV Rheinland, TUV SUD, and other Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratories.
- Comfortable working on cross-functional teams of product management, project management, and cross-functional engineering teams.
- Demonstrated engineering creativity, entrepreneurial spirit, and ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Demonstrated ability to own an assignment and see it through to completion.
- Functional Safety Engineer, Certified Safety Specialist, Certified Machinery Safety Expert
- Challenge convention – don’t blindly follow process; change direction and find novel ways of working to make sure you’re always adding real value.
- Be inquisitive – always ask ‘why?’, seek to understand the underlying principles behind all engineering problems, strive to broaden your skillset.
- Influence – you’ll need to be able to convince stakeholders at all levels of the business.